Join Us in Saving Lives on the Water
Join Our Team
Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue is a charity that saves lives on the water. Our volunteer crews are on call 24/7, 365 days a year in more than 30 community-based stations throughout the province, and they need a dedicated, professional and talented team behind them. This is your chance to to join that team, and help save lives.
Careers at RCMSAR
Our network of volunteer stations and the RCMSAR training centre are managed by a small team of paid staff. Opportunities will be posted on this page.
We are seeking candidates who will bring valuable business skills or strong governance experience to our Board of Governors, and who can help lead RCMSAR through continued strategic growth and development.
To ensure the Board is fully capable of providing the governance and leadership expertise necessary to oversee an organization as multi-faceted as RCMSAR, it is expected there will be representation from skilled and experienced board members to cover the following key business areas:
- Previous Board governance experience
- Access to relationships that will enhance the goals and objectives of the organization
- Business skills including finance, accounting, legal, marketing. public relations & communications
- Asset management expertise
- Fundraising in the corporate, public and government fields
- Operational management experience
- Marine industry background
- Passion for volunteer marine search and rescue and water/boating safety
Our volunteer board holds the legal corporate authority and responsibility for RCMSAR and sets and monitors the strategic direction for the future.
As per Article 8, Section C of the RCMSAR Bylaws, the Executive Committee will propose a slate of candidates to be voted on at the Annual General Meeting. The AGM will be held in September, 2020, at a date and location yet to be finalized.
If you are interested, or know of someone interested in joining the Board, please forward a resume to the Board Secretary at Rob.Grant@rcmsar.com or to 6040 East Sooke Road, Sooke BC V9Z 0Z7 before 4 p.m. May 31, 2020.